M.D. - University of Hawaii at Manoa, John A. Burns School of Medicine AOA Graduate, 1996
Pharm. D. - Creighton University, School of Pharmacy & Allied Health Professions; Rho Chi Society and Cum Laude Graduate, 1991
- Miyashiro MJ, Lo SC, Stewart JA, Stewart WC. Efficacy, safety, and tolerability of travaprost 0.004% BAK-Free verus prior treatment with latanoprost 0.005% in Japanese patients. Clin Ophthalmol. 2010 Nov 23; 4: 1355-9.
- Principal Investigator, Allergan Study Protocol 192024-024; Lumigan in patients of Japanese heritage; December 2003 to April 2004.
- Parsa FD, Miyashiro MJ, Elahi E, Mirzai TM. Lower eyelid hernia repair for palpebral bags: a comparative study. Plast Reconstr Surg. 1998 Dec; 102 (7): 2459-65.
- Miyashiro MJ, Yee RW, Patel G, Ruiz RS. Lyme disease associated with unilateral interstitial keratitis. Cornea. 1999 Jan; 18 (1): 115-6.
- Miyashiro MJ, Yee RW, Patel G, Karas Y, Grene RB. Lasso procedure for overcorrected radial keratotomy. Am J Ophthalmol. 1998 Dec; 126 (6): 825-7.
- Mintz-Hittner HA, Miyashiro MJ, Knight-Nanan DM, OMalley RE. Vitreoretinal findings similar to retinopathy of prematurity in infants with compound heterozygous protein S deficiency. Ophthalmology. 1999 Aug; 106 (8): 1525-30.
- Miyashiro MJ, Mintz-Hittner HA. Penetrating ocular injury with a fetal scalp monitoring spiral electrode. Am J Ophthalmol. 1999 Oct; 128 (4): 526-8.
HONORS & AWARDS
- 2019 Honolulu Magazine- Top Doctors award
- 2019 Vitals Award, Patients’ Choice award
- 2019 Best of East Hawaii – “Best Doctor” Finalist
- 2019 Castle Connolly Top Doctor- Ophthalmologist; Hawaii
- 2018 Castle Connolly Top Doctor- Ophthalmologist; Hawaii
- 2000 University of Texas-Houston, Robert D. Moreton, M.D. Ophthalmology resident of the year award
- 1997 Nancy Sachiko Ikeda Medical Education Award; Most Outstanding Medicine Intern at Kuakini Medical Center
- 1997 James A. Orbison MD Intern of the year 1996-97; University of Hawaii Integrated Medical Residency program.
- The Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society (1996-present)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (2001 present)
- American Academy of Pediatric Ophthalmology & Strabismus, Member (2003 -present)
- American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery (2006 present)
- American Society of Ophthalmic Administrators (2006 present)
- Hawaii Ophthalmologic Society (2003 - present)
PERSONAL:Married to loving and supportive wife Joelle with two sons, Cole and Dane. Major hobby is Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Dog lover! Owner of two "poi dogs" named Misha and Reggie. Loves to keep up with basketball (high school, college and NBA).